Cary London was recognized by the New York Law Journal as one of their prominent Rising Stars of 2013, and was the only attorney practicing in Brooklyn to be selected.
Mr. London spent over three years working in the Brooklyn Community as a Trial Attorney for Brooklyn Defender Services, representing over 5,000 indigent members of the community accused of crimes. Mr. London also spent two years defending NYPD Police Officers accused of misconduct at the 1 Police Plaza trial room, becoming an expert on the NYPD Patrol Guide. Mr. London further clerked for Supreme Court Justice Richard Lee Price in the Bronx State Supreme Court and spent a summer working for the Trial Bureau 30/50 in the Bronx District Attorney’s Office.
Mr. London has also previously has worked for the Oakland Raiders in their legal department, specializing in contract negotiations and licensing agreements. And for a brief time, Mr. London worked for a boutique Real Estate litigation firm, handling residential and commercial closings, as well as all landlord-tenant issues.
Mr. London received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and his law degree from New York Law School. During law school Cary excelled in Moot Court, placing in every single competition he competed and was even bestowed the honor of #1 Oralist out of 231 people at the Pepperdine Intellectual Property and Entertainment Competition. Mr. London was further a founding partner of Outlines.com, a website created to help law students study for final exams.
Mr. London prides himself on making sure clients get the aggressive legal representation they deserve.
- Bachelor Degree: University of Virginia
- Juris Doctorate: New York Law School
- Trial Skills: Troy Trial Training Program
- BDS Hard Knocks: Ed Mayr Lecture Series
- DNA Examination: Making Sense of Science 7
- 2011-2014, BROOKLYN DEFENDER SERVICES – Represented over 5,000 criminal defendants in Brooklyn from arraignments to final dispositions. Took over 4500 pleas, as well as took to trial over 20 Criminal and Supreme Court cases. Trial Record 19 wins, 2 losses.
- 2011, SPERBER DENENBERG & KAHAN, PC – Handled various real estate transactions, including landlord-tenant issues, residential and commercial closings, as well as lease formations.
- 2009-2011, NYPD DEFENSE – Represented NYPD Officers accused of misconduct in administrative hearings and trials in the 1 Police Plaza Department Trial Room. Expert on the NYPD Patrol Guide.
- 2008, BRONX DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE – Participated in Attempted Murder Trial, as well as Felony Assault trial as a member of the Trial Bureau 30/40.
- 2007, OAKLAND RAIDERS LEGAL DEPARTMENT – Performed extensive research in various areas of contract and sports law. Assisted in drafting player contracts, stadium concession contracts, and licensing agreements.
- 2006, HONORABLE JUDGE RICHARD LEE PRICE – Conducted clerical legal research for memorandum opinions for Judge R.L. Price. Observed and reported on trials and hearings of misdemeanor and felony offenses.
- New York State Bar
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Other Professional Positions and Memberships
- NYSACDL, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- NYSBA, New York State Bar Association
- NACDL, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers